Current build tools run on your desktop, so when writing, testing and debugging code - slow, broken, and inconsistent builds are an immense source of frustration, interrupted flow and lost productivity.
Toolchain is solving these problems by going beyond build tools and creating the first truly cloud-centric build system. We're bringing together the scalability, concurrency and flexibility of distributed systems, as well massive as amounts of data derived from static analysis of your code and millions of open-source libraries.
Get updates on Toolchain availability. Join our mailing list.
- Smart invalidation means no unnecessary work.
- Fine-grained, distributed caching means once a unit of work is built - by anyone on your team - you don't need to redo it.
- Distributed execution lets you run build steps concurrently. You'll never have to watch tests crawl by sequentially in a terminal window.
- Build steps are modeled as pure functions, eliminating implicit side effects.
- Robust invalidation ensures everything that needs rebuilding gets rebuilt, but nothing else does.
- Static analysis lets you manage dependencies based on actual usage, rather than relying on semantic versioning (and luck).
- Build and dependency metadata is greatly reduced.
- Dependencies are inferred from static analysis wherever possible.
- Configuration and maintenance is a snap (Toolchain handles most of it) and you can view and edit as needed.
- Builds run in hermetic containers, ensuring they're consistent and repeatable.
- Every step is a consistent mapping of inputs and outputs with no side effects.
- Running the same step twice on the same input produces an identical result - every time.
Toolchain is in closed beta.
We're offering functionality and support to selected beta customers.
Join our mailing list for more info.